|Title:||Estimator - South Carolina|
Do you love numbers, and ensuring that the customer is receiving quality work at the best possible price? Then Adams Group has an opening in our Estimating Department that would be perfect for you.
Adams Group offers a competitive package including, but not limited to, the following:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Quarterly Cash Profit Sharing
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and AFLAC Insurance Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401(K) Plan
The position responsibilities include:
- Review construction documents to develop an understanding of the required scope of work
- Correspond with general contractors, architects, vendors and team members via telephone, email or in person as required
- Utilize computer takeoff program to complete onscreen takeoffs of required scope of work.
- Input takeoffs into computer
- Source material and vendors for custom/non-stock items.
- Obtain vendor pricing for outsourced materials and/or labor.
- Obtain bids from subcontractors.
- Use job folder to compile backup information (vendor pricing, emails)
- Prepare cost analysis in computer by recalculating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor, and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items
- Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, makes an estimate
- Inform immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database
- Meet with Senior Estimators/Peers/Sales to review takeoff, plans, scope of work and final estimate
- Work with Senior Estimators /Peers/Sales to prepare final estimate
- Complete overall project estimates using in-house ERP system
- Meet with project team to transfer all knowledge once projects are awarded
- Networking functions and light travel (which may require evening hours) as requested by your supervisor
- Associates degree preferred
- Construction background and ability to read blueprints and specifications required
- Average computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and preferably On-Screen Takeoff or similar digital material takeoff computer program)
- Experience with social media (i.e. Salesforce or Facebook)
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail and ability to work with strict and multiple deadlines required
- Appearance must be clean and professional
- Must have a positive and polite demeanor towards both internal and external customers (both in person and on the phone)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time (up to 10 hours per day)
Adams Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.